Welcome to Think Grow Prosper! We're Ruben Chavez & Vanessa Loya and together we own Think Grow Prosper, a media company and educational platform focused on daily inspiration, wisdom, and resources for personal growth.
We created this blog to provide resources to empower you to create a life you love. You'll find book recommendations, lifestyle tips, personal reflections, entrepreneurial-related advice, and more.
ThinkGrowProsper is our way of connecting with and supporting insightful, creative and ambitious people just like you.
We hope to continue to inspire and motivate people through this and other channels for many years to come.
To your success,
Ruben & Vanessa
We believe in creating your own reality.
You can change your life by changing your beliefs.
Your beliefs are the stories you create about yourself, your circumstances, and the world around you. These stories determine how you experience reality. They can either empower you to be who you want to be and do what you want to do, or they can hold you back from it.
You have the unique ability (and responsibility) to adopt beliefs that that best serve you, and ideally, society as a whole.
This is not always easy, but it is possible.
We believe in feeding your mind good stuff.
You become what you consume.
The person you will be in five years depends largely on the information you feed your mind today.
We are all works in progress. Self-development is a lifelong process that you should enjoy.
Find information that resonates with you and test it out in your own life. Keep what works, discard what doesn’t. Repeat as necessary.
We believe in doing what excites you.
Play is a necessary part of success -- the more fun you have with life, the easier it is to mold your reality.
Pay attention to what makes you feel positive emotions like excitement, joy, happiness, passion, peace and love -- then do more of those things. These emotions are the guiding forces that let you know you’re on the right path, even if you can't immediately see how.
When you consistently take action in the direction of what excites you -- even the small stuff -- you will encounter more and more things to be excited about and to take action on.
The things that excite you are not random. They are connected to your path, passion, and purpose in life. Have the courage to follow them. This is what it means to take "inspired action."
What keeps me motivated?
My love for personal development and my desire to share timeless success principles with as many people as possible. I love helping people find inspiration, simplify their lives and do what they love to do. I hope to continue to inspire and motivate people through this channel and others for many years to come.
- My Myers-Briggs personality type is INFP.
- Some of my highest values are:
Freedom of time
Freedom of location
Freedom of thought
Continual personal development/growth/learning
Doing things that excite me and bring me joy
- I take snacks with me everywhere I go.
- When I travel, I like to structure my days around eating good food.
- I have often been called "obsessive" about things I’m passionate about.
- I love old-looking journals and books.
- I love making connections between things, especially between different fields of study.
- I am a philomath (lover of learning).
Want to know more about me, my life philosophy, and how I got unstuck? Start with my free foundational mini-course.
creative director + Partnerships
Vanessa oversees the business side of ThinkGrowProsper & made it possible for us to be where we are today! She loves learning how things work and making sure we do things efficiently. Vanessa has pushed TGP forward in several ways; taking the lead editorial role and executing projects is where she shines.
- I'm an ENFP, Libra, Dragon, Peacemaker or 9 (enneagram), kapha and intersectional feminist.
- I have a background in education, health and nutrition and I’m a board-certified holistic nutritionist.
- My family is full of business owners and entrepreneurs. I love studying their different approaches and applying them to our business.
- I studied English Literature & Creative writing and Anthropology at the University of Arizona.
- I create empowering taglines for myself, descriptive phrases to remind myself of what I'm proud of when I'm feeling down. (I.e, Big booty genius, self-care queen, chicana chingona, etc.)
- I’m a yogi and have been practicing yoga for over 13 years.
- I love the idea of building a house from the ground up and designing it. Totally different from our current projects, but definitely a future goal.
- I love being outside and going on hikes, nature is the ultimate recharge for me.